Thursday, October 15, 2015

Comparison

Karie, my wife, is fond of saying "Comparison is the joy killer." which is a quote attributed to Theodore Roosevelt. I find this to be contagious in the Tiny House movement. Stats are given about the average size home, family size, income and debt constantly yet I don't know anyone truly average.  The Average is given as a measurement against ourselves. Instead of comparing ourselves to the "Average" we should seek our level of comfort with living smaller and/or without stuff.  If comparison is necessary I'd rather compare me now to me yesterday, at least it's a fairer comparison yet never truly fair because yesterday was a different me.

"Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is." Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Post a Comment